Here are 5 simple ways to get your children reading more books!
1. Time to read – Avoid overscheduling your child’s calendar with extra activities and make time to read. You want to ensure they have enough time to sift through their bookshelves and regularly enjoy a long, leisurely read. This Easter break is perfect for that!
2. A special place – Set up a special place completely dedicated to reading. It can be as simple as installing a few cosy pillows, a nightlight, and a few sturdy bookshelves or taking a book outside to also enjoy the sunshine.
3. Bedtime reading – Reading together is a powerful way to bond and encourage your child to adopt a positive attitude towards books and reading – so make bedtime reading a part of your daily routine. Set aside some time each evening to enjoy a bedtime story and take turns reading to each other.
4. Library and apps – Make regular trips to the library or download a books app to give your kids a library of book titles at the swipe of their fingertips. Reading Eggs includes over 2000 online books for kids, many with read aloud options.
5. Range of genres – Explore new books genres together and stay open-minded about your book choices – Mix things up by delving into genres you haven’t tried before, like science-fiction, mystery, biographies, historical fiction, poetry and non-fiction.
These tips are brought to you by Reading Eggs.
Reading Eggs have partnered with Mamazou and are offering our followers a free 4 week trial. Click here to claim yours.