As the summer holidays are impending, we all know that screen time will be increasing in our households. With studies revealing that 80% of the UK population watches films at home at least once a month or more, Carphone Warehouse has put together The Massive Movie Calendar offering movie inspiration 365 days a year to families who want to spend some quality time together.
With each movie suggestion being linked in some way to a particular day of the year, the calendar offers a selection of 365 handpicked movies including action-thrillers, romantic dramas, classics, breakthrough global cinema, sci-fi and more. From this list, I’ve selected the top kid friendly movies, as well as some ideas for mum and dad to watch when they’ve cracked open a bottle of wine.
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (A classic action-adventure for older kids).
- The Lion King
- The Wizard of Oz
- Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1/ Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial – Spielberg’s classic, an alternative for those who aren’t Harry Potter fans
Movies for Mum and Dad:
- 127 hours- an incredible tale of survival at all costs.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- frequently included in best movies of 21st-century lists
- Casino Royale- classic Bond movie, perfect for an entertaining night in
- Moulin Rouge- musical romantic comedy not to be missed
- Blood Diamond- political war thriller film starring Leonardo DiCaprio
- The Theory of Everything- exploring the life and scientific discoveries of legendary physicist Stephen Hawking
Many more to choose from in the movie calendar. Click here for inspiration.